It was a Magical Night! Beaches Earth Hour LIGHTS OUT 2014! was fun, exciting and meaningful, and it will be remembered! On Saturday March 29, the magic of Candle Lights and Paper Lanterns illuminated Kew Gardens during Beaches 2nd annual Earth Hour LIGHTS OUT!
Beachers and people from all around GTA got together to celebrate the Earth. A fun evening from sunset to Lights-Out with live music while enjoying the darkness through Earth Hour. View the video to relive some of the fun moments:
LIVE MUSIC BY: Muscle Souls & The Orvilles
THANK YOU TO OUR DEDICATED VOLUNTEERS:
Andrew Sams, Lorraine Daigle, Laurelie Campeau, Linda Gregory, Laurie Anderson, Heather Broughton, Linda Orton, Steve Hozjan, David Glen, Lynn Kendrick, Serge Bernique, Katherine Suboch, Fran Battaglia, Elizabeth Creswick.
THANKS TO THE ORGANIZATIONS FOR THEIR GENERALS SUPPORT: Boardwalk Place, Breakwall Pub, Casa di Giorgio Ristorante, Chip Time Results, Club Ink, Startbucks Coffee
SOUND: Richard Power MC: Hamish Macfie, VIDEO: Lisa Clark, Marcel Legault
Great Draw Prizes …
• $100 Gift certificate to Loblaws Stores
• $100 Gift certificate to Murphy’s Law Irish Pub
• $100 Gift certificate to Gerrard Square Shopping Centre
• $100 Gift certificate to Pet Valu – 2210 Queen St. E.
• One night stay at Days Inn Beaches ($130 value)
This event is presented in partnership between Beaches Living and Toronto Beaches Lions Club with support from Boardwalk Place.
About LIGHTS OUT! – THE FIRST ONE OF ITS KIND, EARTH HOUR LIGHTS OUT BEACHES
What are you doing on Sat. March 29? Come and join the 2nd Annual Beaches celebration of Earth Hour LIGHTS OUT! Together with Life Music, Dance, Lights Out Ceremony, Candle Lights and Paper Lanterns. Drum up Earth Hour awareness while having lots of fun. Take the ONE Hour beyond!
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS!
You can help us with this event by:
- Getting the word out to at least 10 of your friends and associates
- Distribute the event flyers on and near your streets
- Be an ambassador at the event
- Capture the event in all media forms; photography, video and any social media (Use Twitter hashtag #BeachesEarthHour to join in on the conversation)
If you would like to help us at this event and other community events, contact us at 416.690.4269 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send us your thoughts or any comments about the event: