- Apples are the most varied food with over 7,500 varieties throughout the world.
- On average a Canadian eats, 86 apples per year.
- The largest apple ever picked weighed 3 pounds.
- Apples ripen six to ten times faster at room temperature than in the fridge.
- One apple has as much fiber as a serving of bran cereal. Two-thirds of the fiber and lots of antioxidants are found in the peel.
- McIntosh apples were discovered by Canadian John McIntosh in the late 1700s.
- Apples are fat, sodium, and cholesterol free.
- All apples have 5 seed pockets, each with a seed.
The Apple Computer logo symbolizes knowledge (the biblical apple was the fruit from the tree of knowledge). The bite out of the apple could also be pronounced “byte”, a computer technology.