Instead of changing your entire wardrobe, pick a few of the top trends for your daily look. Choose what suits you best and don’t forget this season’s great pops of colour!
- Lemon yellow
- Bright blue
- Coral or the new hot pink called Honeysuckle
5 Trends for Women to Be In Style
- Floral Summer Dresses – The floral dress (cotton, linen and blends) comes in a variety of patterns and styles. Sleeveless or cap sleeves with a light jacket is great for the office and patio.
- Oversized White Shirt – Tailored or bohemian, wear over cropped pants for an updated Audrey Hepburn look, especially when you add your favourite necklace. Use as a swimsuit cover-up, and informal jacket over a tank top, or add a belt to dress it up.
- Large Bright Totes or Half-Moon Bags – Totes are everywhere. The crescent or half moon shoulder bag’s distinguishable shape not only makes it look cool, but is the definition of a statement accessory… and hot colours are a must!
- 1970s Bohemian Inspired – Pick a loose-fitting top, gathered at the neck and the sleeves, often in white or cream with lace or embroidery details, a perfect combination with a classic denim skirt or shorts.
- Maxi Skirt or Dress – Suitable for all ages, these long dresses are actually cool to wear. A variety of prints and geometric designs, these are perfect for the hottest days with a sun hat and espadrille sandals.
5 Trends for Men to Be In Style
- Coloured Pants – It’s not just for the golfers. Wear shorts and chinos in colours like coral, pink, blue, light green even red with a slim silhouette jacket.
- Men’s Footware – It keeps giving us more and more varieties such as slip-on sneakers and rope-soled espadrilles. Choose a pair in classic plain colours, beige, navy, white, or black as well as great patterns.
- Sunglasses – Round sunglasses are back with coloured frames for a fun and flattering summer look.
- Backpacks are Back – For work, not hiking, they come in finer fabrics like suede, and are available from top designers.
- Lots of Green – Layering your pants, t-shirts and jackets, in different shades of green, is okay to wear all at once.