Beaches|life Gift Suggestions & Ideas at Local Shops
TOP GIFT IDEAS UNDER $25
- Bottle of real maple syrup
- Make a music CD or photo DVD
- Movie passes
- Magazine subscription
- Make your own dog biscuits
- Chia pet – many variations on this old favourite
My Beaches Entertainment Pass ($20) at Fox Theatre; Poo-Pourri or Box Garden ($9-$17) at Ivory Parade; 12”x24” personalized banner to hang on the front door ($15) at Club Ink, see page 8; 2.5 kilos bag of scented Himalayan bath salts ($12), Essencia body massage oils and floral waters (up to $15) at Hooper’s Pharmacy; Smartwool socks ($20-$25) at Threads Lifestyle; Curious George Jack in the box ($25) at Ivory Parade.
TOP GIFT IDEAS $25-$50
- “Spa” gift certificates.
- Assemble a roadside emergency kit (pg. 20)
- Assemble your “favourite things” (like Oprah) in a gift basket
- Cozy night-in basket of treats (wine, crackers, chocolates, video)
- Student membership to the ROM for $50
My Family Beaches Entertainment Pass ($40) at Fox Theatre; Himalayan salt chrystal electric lamps (up to $39) at Hooper’s Pharmacy; Yaktrax for walking on snow & ice ($27) at Threads Lifestyle; dermatology treatment(starting at $49) at Paramedical Skin Care, halogen desk lamps in several colours ($30) at Living Lighting.
TOP GIFT IDEAS $50-$100
- Membership to the ROM, AGO, local groups
- A share in a company, www.giveashare.com
- Vouchers for extreme activities such as caving, snorkeling, paintball, bungee jumping, visit www.trythat.ca
North Face Nuptse down filled mitts ($99) at Threads Lifestyle; hair removal (starting at $99) at Paramedical Skin Care; Safe Door System ($99) at Jamieco.
TOP GIFT IDEAS OVER $100
- Open a child’s savings account for that favourite niece or nephew
- Day at a spa
- Medical aesthetics treatment
- Cooking class
- Flowers delivered every month for a year
- Glamour photo
Mul-T-Lock (starting at $185) at Jamieco; a spa day (starting at $150) at Totto Spa & Salon; small kitchen appliances (starting at $100) at The Maytag Store.
THE GIFT OF CHOICE AT ANY AMOUNT
- Sometimes the perfect gift is a gift certificate at their favourite shop or restaurant