So you have a fancy event, maybe that once a year New Year’s party. Do you go over your entire month’s clothing budget just to buy a fancy outfit you may not wear until another year? And what about that party you want to attend that comes after a busy work day. You don’t have time to go home and change but you don’t want to show up in a business suit!
With today’s style choices and creative trends, check out these ways to “glam up”, men and women, regardless of your budget or your busy schedule.
For women… a bit of sparkle goes a long way
- Add a silver or gold shrug to a black dress or top, or choose one of those great, new mini capes.
- Put on a pair of large (larger than you’d normally wear) fake rhinestone earrings, ideally one that dangles like those chandelier earrings from a few years ago. Paired with a black outfit, it’s all you need to say, “evening party”.
- Today’s stocking choices include one perfect for a party. Select metallic ones or depending on the event, a fun red and green plaid (make the rest of your outfit black, of course).
- Add red, as a scarf, small cape, or camisole.
- Add a glittery clip or satin bow to your hair, and don’t forget some dark eye shadow.
For men… it’s always about black and white
- You may not own a tuxedo, but dark (black, preferably) pants and jacket, with a crisp white shirt and dark tie always says formal.
- Change jackets, choose one of those great new brocade styles.
- Wanting to add something a bit festive? A dark red or green tie, or surprise people with Christmas socks under that dark suit!
from day to evening… For women, remove a layer!
- Replace that shirt or blouse under your jacket with a sparkly cami or a silky top in deep red or green.
- Change into dark jeans and heals, but keep the top and jacket.
- Wear a black dress under your suit jacket, to remove later (with the addition of a sparkly necklace or earrings).
For Men, Go Dark!
- Remove the tie (if you’re wearing one).
- Replace your dress shirt with a stylish T, perhaps in white.
- Take a tip from the women: Keep the shirt and jacket on, but replace the pants with dark washed jeans and perhaps fancy kicks!