Lip care is usually neglected – we take better care of our skin and teeth. A little bit of lip balm or lipstick and you are good to go, but healthy looking lips usually make a first impression. There are things you can do to this spring to get the best lip care for a fresh and healthy look.
Like taking care of our skin the first thing is to hydrate. Our lips are usually exposed directly to the elements with almost no protection, unlike other parts of our skin which are covered with hair and clothing; this means re-hydration and lubrication are very important.
Lip care tips for healthy and beautiful lips:
- Hydrate – Drink plenty of water, while it helps hydrate your skin, it also hydrates your lips.
- Exfoliate – Gently scrub your lips to remove dry, flaky skin.
- Wind & Sun Protection – Apply a lip balm as often as you can to help shield the wind. Use one with SPF protection for sun safety. Apply regularly throughout the day when you are outside.
- Use Natural Products – Remember your lips, are the gateway to your mouth and body, so use products that are as natural as you can get. Lipsticks are made for women and men; choose the right shade to match your skin and personality.
- Vitamins – Take vitamins from food or supplements to keep your lips smooth and avoid cracks.