The countdown to the 83rd Academy Awards has started. Besides the awards, the big question is what will everyone be wearing? This year, the red carpet pre-show will triple in time from 30 to 90 minutes. Get more of your favourite celebrities, trends and fashion. Online at Oscar.com, you can be the director and choose who you want see.
Look for famous designers like Valentino, Diro, Versace, Ateller and Armani. Also watch for the lesser known, like Elie Saab, a favourite of Halle Berry, and Marchesa, often a choice for Penelope Cruz.
Our best guess? Natalie Portman (Black Swan) will most likely wear Christan Dior (she’s the spokeswoman for their perfume, Dior Cheri.
Trends to Watch
- Traditional black tie, white shirt or a black shirt.
- Small bow tie or large, floppy bow tie.
- Ultra thin black tie.
- Suit, vest, shirt but no tie (Johnny Depp style).
- Short and sexy cocktail dresses for young actresses, maybe short at the front and long at the back.
- The big ball gown.
- Mermaid dresses, tight fitting with a dramatic flair from the knee or mid-calf.
- Chiffon and sequins
- Architectural dresses with dramatic draping.