Looking for the perfect summer beverages? With soaring temperatures choose the best drinks for outdoor entertaining and relaxing. Remember, in the summer we need to keep
hydrated. Beverages with lower alcohol content quench your thirst and are less dehydrating in hot weather: think various coolers and light beers.
For your wine
Summer wines should be light and crisp, with green apple or citrus overtones. Think Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris and dry Riesling for whites. For sweeter tastes, slowly sip a Gewürztraminer in a chilled glass.
For red wine lovers, consider lighter varieties such as Beaujolais, Blushes and Rosés.
- half white wine, half soda water, garnished with a slice of lime. Why not prepare a pitcher of Sangria, red wine, fresh fruit and citrus flavoured soda. And always remember, walk or take a taxi home – don’t drink and drive (a car, bike or boat).
Aqua Fresca Mexico’s refreshing fruit drink for all ages
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups fresh fruit (in season)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon or lime juice
- In a blender puree fruit with water until smooth.
- Pour mixture through a sieve into a pitcher. Stir in lemon or lime juice and sugar to taste.