Who doesn’t like sitting on a patio for a cool drink and a delicious meal?
Beaches|life wants you to enjoy the patios this summer by giving away: $100 and three $10 prizes to spend at one of your choice of our featured patios:
- Breakwall Restaurant & Bar
- Le Nouveau Papillon on the Park
- Sauvignon Vin Bistro
To enter, tell us about your favourite Beaches and Leslieville patios and why. Contest closes July 10, 2012.
Let’s talk more on Patios!
Everyone loves a patio! Whether you’re gathered in an elegant garden setting with canopied tents by an outdoor pool, or relaxing on your own balcony or backyard nook, an outdoor patio setting is a perfect way to slow down, take time with friends and family, and cool off on a warm day.
Think you can’t have a patio? Think again. Almost any space can be adapted to have that “outdoor bistro feeling”.
Patio Essentials: Large or small, there are a few patio “must haves” that turn any space into an outdoor living area
• Outdoor furniture in wicker, wrought iron, brightly painted metal or new plastic composite. A classic bistro set can be made to look more formal with a tablecloth. If you have space, add a sun umbrella, canopy or tent.
- Brightly coloured cushions in a mix of stripes, solids and floral chintz.
- Outdoor grill for cooking. Pick your size for your space and your cooking needs.
- Fresh flowers and plants in planters, pots and vases.
- Fountain/water feature add a bird bath or a plug in water fountain.
- Hanging candle lanterns, suspended from hooks on your patio, or use an ornamental lantern as a centerpiece on your patio table. Fill the lanterns with citronella candles to keep mosquitoes and otherpests away.
- Soft rush mats or larger rugs underfoot, weatherproof and in natural browns.
- Lattice divider to make a larger space more intimate, or create a separate nook.