Spring is the perfect time to talk about coats! The spring coat is usually a contrast to the winter coat: thinner, more carefree, should be draped, without lots of hardware on the fastenings.
Spring temperatures can be just as variable as the winter we’ve had, which is why there are coats for every kind of weather nature throws at us: sunny, wet, warm and cool. There’s also a coat to match your activity whether it is a night on the town or a hike in the park!
This spring’s coats are shown in traditional colours of taupe, beige, as well as the top spring colours: bright green, butter yellow, red, lilac , “coffee”, grey, light blue, peach, rose and bright blue.
Top styles for women
A great spring coat is a statement piece that gives your look a finishing touch. Think of it as a second dress. Look for lighter, brighter fabrics, clean lines and sweet colors (blush or nude are must-haves).
- Long, loose “duster coat” or tailored from head to heals
- Dress length “collar – less” to take you from day to evening
- Trench in all lengths and colours
- Bomber jackets in all fabrics and fabric combinations
Spring is a youth, fun season. Why not make your coat the trendiest part of your wardrobe?
- Small floral prints and mixed fabrics
- Animal prints trimmed with leather
- The loose “cardigan” coat
- Long (midi), knee length, mid-thigh and short
Classics still in style
- Leather and suede but note, black and brown classics have been replaced by saturated colors: purple, turquoise, green, red, orange and yellow.
- Denim jackets, long, short, light wash to dark.
- 1950s bomber jackets remain a versatile choice for casual days and a cool and comfortable look.
- Iconic Denim in medium washed indigo
- Choose an outdoor vest instead in navy
- Sporty hooded Anorak in bright blues or greens
- Leather jack, black of course!
COAT TIPS: A good spring coat will cover you beyond our brief Spring. Pick one that you can wear on cool summer evenings, during the Fall, windy days, and even on especially warm Winter days.
If you intend to invest in a broader seasonal coat, consider the colour, length and a removable lining.