The ultimate spring hair colour is a soft, multi-tonal look with some bursts of colour for added fun. Ombré also continues to be a top trend, but has evolved from a high-contrast, dramatic look to a well-blended, softer finish.
Whether your hair is short or long, the look this spring is a more laidback feminine finish. And last year’s much-loved braids and low ponytails continue to be popular on the runways—a great ‘next day’ style.
5 Steps to a Relaxed Bounce
- Shampoo hair twice to remove all oil and residue. Lightly condition, focusing on the ends.
- Work a lightweight body building gel into damp hair, beginning at the roots and working towards the ends. We recommend ICON Protein Gel.
- Flip your head upside down and start drying with your hands or brush. Once hair is 80 percent dry, flip back up and finish drying using a large round brush.
- Once your hair is completely dry, divide hair into five sections (three from front to back and one above each ear). Use a large (1.5” or 2”) barrel curling iron and wind the hair slowly from the ends up to mid-lengths.
- Shake your hair out with your fingers. Finish with a light-hold hair spray. We recommend ICON Done Finishing Spray.
- Dampen hair with a light spritz of ICON Cures Replenishing Spray, followed by a quarter sized amount of styling foam evenly distributed throughout dry hair. Blow-dry on low heat, scrunching the hair upward with your fingers. We recommend ICON Meringue Styling Foam.
- Once your hair is dry, part it on the side and wrap random one to two inch sections around a large barrel curling iron.
- Gently back comb the crown before smoothing the hair into a ponytail and securing with a hair tie at the nape of your neck.
- Give the ponytail a finished look by wrapping a one-inch strip of hair around the elastic.
- Loosen pieces from the front and sides for a relaxed, undone vibe. Spray with a light-hold hair spray or use ICON Powder for a more tousled look.
by Josie Meleca, Colourist at Salon Fortelli and Spa