Fortunately, teal goes with most skin tones and can be worn by redheads, brunettes and blondes alike. But unlike neutrals like black and grey, teal works with select colours, and usually a little is better than a lot.
Incorporate teal into your wardrobe in pieces, not all at once!
Best way to wear teal:
- As a print.
- As an accent with neutrals, e.g. a teal scarf or tie.
- Most modern way? Paired with a dusty purple.
- A teal shirt with black dress pants for a dressy style, teal with beige pants for a more casual look.
- A teal shirt and tie with a cream coloured suit for a formal look.
- Solid, teal tie with a white shirt.
- Nervous about wearing teal? Choose a very dark teal for a sweater or sweater vest.
- Teal with a neutral like chocolate brown, black, beige, white or camel.
- Teal sweater with an orange scarf for a bright, bold look.
- Teal tunic with black leggings or tights.
- Carry a teal clutch or add a necklace with teal beads.
- Teal eye shadow, matte for a subtler look.
- Teal nail polish, best colour: OPI “Teal the Cows Come Home”!