In the midst of an extremely harsh Canadian winter, Las Vegas is a perfect getaway destination. Escape there for a few days and enjoy unlimited sunshine, dining experiences, shopping, entertainment, sightseeing, outdoor activities and more. Your top 10 list of things to do in Las Vegas wouldn’t be complete without a trip to the nearby desert.
Any resort hotel in the vicinity of Bally’s, Paris, Bellagio, Caesar’s Palace, Planet Hollywood, and Flamingo is in a great location with quick access to enjoy everything.
Places to Eat
Most of the larger hotels have a wide range of dining options, from small cafés to signature fine dining restaurants. Some casual choices include;
- “Gordon Ramsay Fish & Chips“ (near Linq Hotel) for fantastic fish and chips.
- “JJ’s Boulangerie” (Paris Hotel) for great snacks when you are on the go (picnics, quick breakfast, late night).
- ”Mon Ami Gabi French Restaurant” (Paris Hotel) has a great outdoor patio overlooking the strip for drinks and appetizers.
- “Bellagio” has restaurants with outdoor patios overlooking their beautiful “fountain show”
A wide range of options ranging from comedy to magic provide the perfect end to your day. Cirque du Soleil productions of “O” and “Love” are very popular and “David Copperfield” is awesome. If you want to venture downtown, hop on the “Big Bus Tour” which runs the entire Las Vegas strip. The “Eiffel Tour Experience” is worth the admission and provides a panoramic view of the city in all directions and an aerial view of the Bellagio fountain show.
Take a break from the non-stop activity and escape to the serenity and beauty of the desert for one day! There are several tour operators offering trips to Hoover Dam, the Grand Canyon and much more.
- The Red Rock Canyon Hiking Tour is a relaxing and refreshing hike across the desert to the mountains with an experienced guide. Check out Escape Adventures for details.
- For the more adventurous, rent a car, pack a picnic lunch and drive north to the Valley of Fire State Park. Stop by the Visitor Centre first to pick up more park information and learn about the history of the park. Drive the scenic loop which has several lookouts and short hiking trails from various landmarks. Before returning to Las Vegas, enjoy a picnic surrounded by the Seven Sisters red rock formations and watch the Panamint chipmunks scurrying across the desert. You will have a relaxing day exploring the Valley of Fire and be rejuvenated for the remainder of your adventure in Las Vegas!
Whatever your itinerary is in Las Vegas, your trip will provide lasting memories and a great escape from Canada’s winter wonderland.