Both strawberries and asparagus are nutritional superstars. They both contain fibre for digestive health and cancer fighting antioxidants.
- Asparagus is one of the most nutritionally well-balanced vegetables.
- Low in calories, salt, with no fat or cholesterol.
- A good source of potassium, fibre, folacin, thiamin, vitamin B6
- One of the richest sources of rutin, an antioxidant which strengthens capillary walls.
- Contains glutathione (GSH), one of the most potent anti carcinogens and antioxidants found in the body.
- Strawberries boost your immune system with
- 1 cup giving you over 140% of your daily vitamin C.
- Strawberries contain flavonoids, which keep “bad” (LDL) cholesterol from damaging artery walls.
- They also contain ellagic acid which acts like a scavenger in the body, binding cancer-causing chemicals together so they become inactive.
Source: Dr. Barry Sears