3 Steps to the “Cardio Walk”
- Walk slowly for 5 minutes, or count 10 telephone poles.
- Increase your speed for the next 5 minutes, or 10 telephone poles.
- Now cool down. Walk slowly again for 5 minutes, or 10 telephone poles.
Try to walk at least three times per week. Add 2 to 3 minutes per week to the fast walk and gradually increase your distance.
Before you walk:
- Choose a safe place to walk.
- Find a partner or group of people to walk with you.
- Wear shoes with thick flexible soles.
- Layer your clothing in the winter, and as you warm up, you can take off some layers.
- Stretch before you walk.