People live with inflammation every day and tend to treat the symptoms and not the cause. Inflammation is the body’s natural and healthy reaction to injury or infection. Tissues affected become swollen, red and painful. But many external and internal factors can trigger inflammation as well. The most common are:
- Drug/alcohol overuse
- Environmental toxins
- Free radical damage
- Diet high in processed sugar and foods
- Infection-bacterial, fungal or viral
- Injury or trauma
Any part of the body can become inflamed. Inflammation inside the body where you cannot see it is often because of a bacterial infection. But it could be because of:
- Autoimmune disorders
- Crohns Disease
- IBS and other bowel disorders
- Candida and reoccurring yeast infections.
Inflammation that goes away after a few days or week is usually harmless because it’s just your body’s healthy reaction to fighting a problem. But when inflammation becomes an ongoing or chronic problem, you need to treat it with proper diet and lifestyle changes. Natural remedies that work to treat and lower chronic
body inflammation include:
- Vitamin B complex
- Vitamin C
- Fish oil High in EPA
- Papaya and Pineapple enzymes
- Turmeric or curcumin extract
Chronic inflammation is very treatable but can wreak havoc if left unchecked. Here are some tips for keeping it under control.
- Focus on a clean, fresh healthy diet, stress management and positive outlook. This helps effectively keep your body healthy and strong.
- Reduce acidity in your body. There are many resources available that help you determine which foods (for example, dairy products, refined sugar) increase acidity, and which foods counteract by restoring the natural PH balance (green vegetables, carrots and tomatoes).
If curious about your health and levels of internal inflammation, you can get a live blood cell analysis. This wonderful tool can evaluate and determine the health of your blood and cells on the spot. Any underlying acidity or inflammation within the body will show up.
A healthcare practitioner will then create a treatment plan to properly address and treat your body so it can return to its natural state – one of vibrancy and health.
by Monika Weller, CNP